Thursday, July 5, 2012

HGTV style fixer upper

We are selling our townhouse.  The last tenants left it uninhabitable! 


Now we have to repair, remove, repaint, improve this house in order to sell it.  We need to get this on the market ASAP.  We don't have extra money to throw into fixing her up so it's up to us to do it...do it well and do it cheap. 

Our real estate agent wants to rip out carpeting and put down hardwood floors.  Then add granite to the kitchen counter tops and hire just a few 5 or 6 people to paint, clean and reclaim.  Doug and I can't afford this...so our goal is to do this on a dime...and in two weeks!

Doug's not convinced I can do it.  I'm heading over to the townhouse tomorrow morning...6am...with our vacuum.  (Bring extra vacuum bags...because none of this filth is coming back to my house!)

I'm meeting with Ty's Carpet Cleaning Service at 9am.  I'm hoping we can salvage some of the carpet. 

the walls looks like this too
Stay tuned...more photos of the mess to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment