Tuesday, July 3, 2012

17 years later

Our first home was purchased in 1994.  Mirror Ridge was a spanking new townhouse community in Eastern Loudoun.  We were implants from Pittsburgh, PA.  We were used to sweet old victorian homes, row houses, step-on-the-crack sidewalks and mature trees.  We were still in culture shock but we were entrigued at the idea of watching our townhouse go up...brick by brick!  Every evening after work we would grab a couple rolls of film, a 6pack of beer and perch ourselves on the tailgate of our pickup truck and dream.  Great times!  Oh....we were young!  We even bribed a few construction workers with a case of beer or two so they wouldn't paint the fireplace and would add extra insulation!  We were there every step of the way with hundreds of photos to prove it.  (This is where I will learn how to scan old photos!)

Now, July 3, 2012 we are about to sell our first home.  We have had great....even fantastic tenants throughout the years but our last tenant....well ..I'm speeeechless.  She, the tenant, divorced with a few kids...apparently never was there and NEVER vacuumed!  I have never in my life seen such crud.
 
Every room ...every inch of carpet looks like this and worse!

I'm too stunned to show more photos right now.  This one really doesn't show you the depths of my despair. And my photograghy skills really need to be amped up to document this fully.  I know we won't sue her....that'st just more time and money we really don't have.  But if she comes crying to us that she wants her deposit back....well, I better document. 
 
So, after a glass of wine or two....I'll hitch a ride with my husband and try to get some better photos.  It's time to pull out the IPAD - I find that a little easier to work with and better quality than my android..

No comments:

Post a Comment